Estate planning is a broad legal area that encompasses specific instruments for preserving wealth for a family and its future generations. In addition to wealth preservation, estate planning also includes designating persons to make healthcare and financial decisions on your behalf in the event of unexpected incapacity or death. The Leitner Law Office, LLP is a Madison estate planning law firm, and Dr. Leitner, in addition to assisting clients with estate planning legal issues, brings to the firm a unique perspective from his medical background experience.
Madison estate planning attorney Thomas Leitner knows firsthand the importance of planning your estate and the challenges that families face when no plan is in place. When a family member dies intestate (without a will) or without a trust, or a family member suffers a sudden death or becomes incapacitated, the rest of the family is left with making important decisions at a time of emotional loss. Not knowing whether the decisions you make are what your loved one would have wanted can be stressful. A well thought-out and properly devised estate plan can be a tremendous relief for the whole family.
How a Madison estate planning lawyer can help
Effective estate planning is tailored to meet an estate’s needs, which may differ greatly from family to family. Some questions you may want to consider and discuss with your estate planning attorney include:
- What kind of estate plan best minimizes taxes for my estate?
- What guardianship arrangements can be made for minor children?
- Would business succession planning be appropriate for my farm or family owned business?
- What kind of end-of-life legal planning is available?
- What options are there for passing on assets to my heirs?
- Would a trust, a will, or both be beneficial under Wisconsin probate laws?
- When should we review and update my estate plan?
- How would my estate be handled under Wisconsin law if I had no will or trust?
- Is a trust cost-effective in Wisconsin as compared to a will?
Some estate planning approaches we implement for clients include:
Arrange a free consultation
Take the time to do what is best for your family. Call (608) 836-0259 today or contact Leitner Law Office, LLP online.